Petrochromis red bulu point

Reincarnated

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
upstate ny
Well im new to the forums here and i was looking at some of these petros and was wondering if anyone here had any? Im considering buying a group of them but at 500 per fish im not sure when i will get them.

Reincarnated

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
upstate ny
500 bucks a fish? Wow why are they so expensiv?
Well not totally sure, one would assume they are rare, maybe somewhat hard to get. I know moba frontosa command a high price because of the logistics of catching them(deep down) and export fees and such. The guy sells out of them fast usually so by the time i have the cash saved up they are gone so i buy peacock bass or leopoldi rays instead of waiting for more to come in lol.

this is a pic from the web
red bulu point.jpg

pretty beautiful fish right there

red bulu point.jpg

thatbb6

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Orange County
$500/each? Where did you see that? A quick search shows 3m/2f F1 group for $750 at about 5".

Reincarnated

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
upstate ny
$500/each? Where did you see that? A quick search shows 3m/2f F1 group for $750 at about 5".
First off i dont buy F1s and thats aweful steep for F1s too when you can get them for 60 bucks each. I buy my tanganyikans from www.Littleafricaaquatics.com I have dealt with Greg for many years and his stock is 2nd to none imo. I always, and will always, buy WC fish. I just cant bring myself to buy anything other than because its just not enough quality for me. 98% of the time i wouldnt buy F1s or anything but WC because you dont truly know lineage and cant trust a single person these days other than reputable vendors and breeders that have a history(my aquabid feedback is 100% because i breed quality stuff and wont taint it with F1 lineage). Chances are that F1 group you would be breeding brother to sister and i dont like that either. More culling goes on when you start doing that. I dont mind culling deformed fish but its a pain and not something i have tons of time to do. I know a lot of people like captive bred fish but i myself being a breeder like wild.

thatbb6

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Orange County
First off i dont buy F1s and thats aweful steep for F1s too when you can get them for 60 bucks each. I buy my tanganyikans from www.Littleafricaaquatics.com I have dealt with Greg for many years and his stock is 2nd to none imo. I always, and will always, buy WC fish. I just cant bring myself to buy anything other than because its just not enough quality for me. 98% of the time i wouldnt buy F1s or anything but WC because you dont truly know lineage and cant trust a single person these days other than reputable vendors and breeders that have a history(my aquabid feedback is 100% because i breed quality stuff and wont taint it with F1 lineage). Chances are that F1 group you would be breeding brother to sister and i dont like that either. More culling goes on when you start doing that. I dont mind culling deformed fish but its a pain and not something i have tons of time to do. I know a lot of people like captive bred fish but i myself being a breeder like wild.
How many fish are you getting? Keep us updated once u get them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store