I want a pellet with growth hormone!!!

Stateofficer1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2011
Fairmont North Carolina
Is there a company out there that makes a staple food with growth hormone for fish?

The reason I ask is, right now Im growing out my "dream stock" which is two marble motoro stingrays, a black arowana, and some silver dollars..

The problem is I want my clown loaches to keep up in growth with the above fish, and not get outgrown and eaten!!! Im also planing to get a Indo Datnoid soon, and they also grow slow.. So is there a company that makes a sinking pellet with growth hormone for slow growingand fish or whats some advice for growing clown loaches faster?

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Lol, we test for fish growth hormone here at mfk. To my knowledge there are no foods with legitimate growth enhancers. I've grown many indo dats from quarter sized to 8" within a year with clean water and good food. Clown loaches, well you're better off buying them big lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I guess the closest you are going to get is with Massivore.

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
Just feed a 45-50% High Protein pellet
+1, any over that isn't really beneficial. Quality food and clean water is the way to go.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Making anything grow faster than it normally would can have harmful affects on the health of the fish. They make cows grow faster, but only so we can eat them faster lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Shenanigans

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
Wyoming
I know they test various foods(and hormones) for growth rate in many fish hatcheries. The goal being biggest, cheapest fastest. This is also mostly for "put and take" fishery stocking. The fish are never supposed to or expected to survive. Still, to the best of my knowledge you are better off feeding frozen and quality pellets. Price of food is a big expense for hatcheries and aquariums. In many cases, we are already using the best foods on our aquarium fish since we are the people willing to pay the extra money

I would just balance out two high quality pellets like massivore and NLS and then supplement with frozen foods like smelt and shrimp. Or live foods such as worms and insects

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store