2 New Baby Flowerhorns

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Hey everyone. I went to my LSF and saw tank of baby flowerhorns. I'm not going to breed them so I hope that they are both males. They are both young but I was wondering if you can tell the sex and what type they were but I think that they are super red dragons or red dragons. I paid $18 for both and I want to know if it was worth it. They are about 3 inches long. I was always an aro, oscar, bichir fan and didn't like flowerhorn but know I got the fever!!! Flowerhornshave so much color instead of the gray fish I currently have. Here's some pictures from my cell phone. Any opinions, good or bad is appreciated, Ed.

20130501_200624[1].jpg

20130501_200544[1].jpg

20130501_200602[1].jpg

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Bump
TTT

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Can someone please give me a opinion. I got them about 5 days ago. They were the only ones that had the black line on its body. The other ones did't have the lines. I thought that male ones had the black line. Maybe another noob mistake.

Water

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2007
Houston
The flowerline doesn't determine gender. If they were the larger ones in the batch, they're probably males.

I wouldn't expect much from them though in terms of potential.

Riftraft

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2012
Upstate NY
Hate to sound like a pessimist, but water is right. They are both low quality and wouldn't expect much from them. Hence the $18 for both. If you like them though, that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
I bought these for cheap. Can anyone tell me why these 2 are low quality? I've looked at small flowerhorns on this sight and they looked like mine and some look even worse. Tell me why my flowerhorns are low quality. Is it because they are female. Thanks, Ed.

Hate to sound like a pessimist, but water is right. They are both low quality and wouldn't expect much from them. Hence the $18 for both. If you like them though, that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Low grade ZZ. What makes them low grade is their lack of color and kok. Their beaky facial structure is also a negative. Pearling is more of a person to person basis, I personally don't like pearly ZZ. $18 is about typical for low grade local store Flowerhorn. If you like the fish then grading shouldn't matter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store