Need info on what the best filtration set up would be for a 560-700 gallon tank

bigpac

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
phx, az
HI all Im new to the forum, not new to keeping fish cuz i have a 200 gallon tank now, but I have 4 pacu that are 9"-14" in size. 2-13" columbian cat sharks along with 3- 4" cat sharks, 4 8"-10" red tail golden tin barbs and 1 6"-7" orinoco peacock bass as well as 3 small 4" chiclids which will wind up fish food as soon as the p bass gets big enough to eat them. So my questions are this yes i know my tank is crowded I do 2-3 25% water changes weekly but now my pac are getting to big and I am going to have to get a bigger grow out tank cuz in 2-3 years im gonna build a 1000 gallon tank at least so my questions are A: im looking at tanks from 96"x 37 1/2"x 36 1/2" which is the 540-560 gallon tanks or go for the 700 gallon tank wich is same size just longer its 130" but I am being told by that company I would have to use 3/4" thick glass since no one makes 1" glass in the usa? is this true and I also asked them about acrylic but they didnt go into details about that, but would this be safe to house pacu that will be about 17-24" in the next few years cuz they are chipping the inside of the 200 now like a rock when it hits the front window, plus they have become more agressive since I got my pbass trained on taliapia fillets and B: what will be the best filtration for these tanks cuz im tired of doing so many water changes a week and will install an auto water change system when i get my new tank any info on who can make tanks or were i can buy them from cuz ive been dealing with glasscages.com but the thickness has me worried cuz the email i got back from them was saying the biggest tank they will make for me is the 540 gal tank and then say they advertise the 700 so i dunno at this point any info would be great as i planned on being a responsable fish keeper with upgrading tank sizes as nessisary and as the smaller fish die off of age i will be getting a few temensis pbass or a huge pbass tank of some sorts any info would be greatly appriecated and thanks for helping me out

Attachments

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store