Come home from school get a 75 gallon for Free! what to do???

CRfish23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
michigan
:nilly: I am very excited for this summer i just recieved a 75 gallon tank from my neighbor for free. He had canister filters on the tank and one of the filters leaked all of the water out. It was a Saltwater tank and he just did not want to put more money into to it so I am gladly taking it from him. The only thing is I will not be using it for salt i would like to make an awesome african tank with it. As of right now i have another 75 gallon tank with 3 geophagus 4"-5", a leopard bushfish 4.5", a anostomus striped headstander 5", 3 rare plecos 1"-3", a butis butis 3", a red gold severum 4", a african spotted eel and the new guy strawberry peacock 3" which is why i want and need this 75 gallon. I also have a male and female, Hap obliqueden sp. 44 thickskin 3.5"M and 2"F coming with me sunday when i get all my stuff from school. they are in a 30 as of right now with a hoplo cat 4"(i'm getting rid of him). I would like if they to could in go in the new 75 as well.

So right now my future stock of the new 75 gallon is a Strawberry Peacock, Male and Female Hap. sp.44 Thickskins, and that is it. There are alot of questions that are up for opinion:
Should I take any of the fish that are in my 75 now and put them into the new 75 along with the ones already being taken out?
Keep the Canisters, or sell and replace with hang on filters? (Aquaclear 110)
Substrate? Sand (already have in mind but like to here some opinions)
Finally, What should I stock with? I would like to spend no more then 200 on the fish.
I would love to hear some opinions I am open to anything. I'm glad to be back and am excited to hear from everyone! :drool:

CRfish23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
michigan
So keep everything in the 75 except the strawberry the thickskins the eel and the anostromus? Okay what else should I put in the new 75? And I have never used canisters what is the difference and what about cycling because it was a salt tank before?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CRfish23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
michigan
Or are you saying have three tanks? Because I don't have the room nor the money for three 75 gallons?

CRfish23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
michigan
Tropheous in the 75 gallon with what else and the strawberry peacock and thickskin could go with them or no? That's all I'm wondering because the strawberry peacock is the instigator in my 75 right now he nips everyone thts why I want him in the new tank.

CRfish23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
michigan
Does anyone else have any ideas? And tips for a 75 tank African cichlid tank?

P.A.NativesBPM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Tropheous in the 75 gallon with what else and the strawberry peacock and thickskin could go with them or no? That's all I'm wondering because the strawberry peacock is the instigator in my 75 right now he nips everyone thts why I want him in the new tank.

Just the tropheus!!!
Get the thick skin and strawberry in a 30 or 40 gallon and they'd be fine. Don't put them with the trophs.

If you want the peacock in the 75, make the 75 an all peacock tank and put the thickskin in the 30.

If you want the thickskin in the 75, make it a Victorian setup and put the peacock in a 30 gallon.

Research!

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CRfish23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
michigan

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya