My growout is getting overstocked...

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I have a 36g bowfront I am currently using as a growout. It started out with just a baby fire eel. Then I added a baby bristlenose to keep algae down. Then I added 10 neon tetras to try and calm the eel down and make him more comfortable. Then I added 10 black neon tetras because they were on sale for $1 at petsmart. Then I added a baby flagtail, just to fatten him up. Then came a baby adonis pleco. Then I added 5 baby clown loaches...so I think i'm pretty maxed out until I start moving fish to the big tank, lol.

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Lol I always have this issue with my grow out, just emptied half the fish into a bigger tank. Then went out and added more fish to it haha. Am thinking about gettin some clowns what's there growth like, slow??

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Lol I always have this issue with my grow out, just emptied half the fish into a bigger tank. Then went out and added more fish to it haha. Am thinking about gettin some clowns what's there growth like, slow??

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
crazy slow

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
crazy slow
Bump the temp up and power feed with lots of water changes. I'm sure you already know this but figured I'd mention it anyway. My old clowns went from 2" to 4" in about a year. That's slow by most fish standards but not bad for them considering the largest CL's normally available are like 5".

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Bump the temp up and power feed with lots of water changes. I'm sure you already know this but figured I'd mention it anyway. My old clowns went from 2" to 4" in about a year. That's slow by most fish standards but not bad for them considering the largest CL's normally available are like 5".
temp is a tad over 86 and I am currently feeding 3 times a day and doing 2 waterchanges a week. :)

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
2 of my 3 CL's are close to 4" ... live blackworms was my trick.. lol its accidental too.. as I also house mine with a baby fire eel. since they have been growing so "fast" my 37 keeps looking smaller everyday as well... started moving my "babies" into bigger tanks! bitter sweet as i miss the tanks set-up.. but its nice seeing them grow!

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
2 of my 3 CL's are close to 4" ... live blackworms was my trick.. lol its accidental too.. as I also house mine with a baby fire eel. since they have been growing so "fast" my 37 keeps looking smaller everyday as well... started moving my "babies" into bigger tanks! bitter sweet as i miss the tanks set-up.. but its nice seeing them grow!
Its funny. I usually understock my tanks. This is the 1st time in a long time I have had a tank that looks "full" and I love it. This is my favorite tank in the house right now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store