My tanks

dledinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2013
North Carolina
This the 65 set up in my dining room.

2 Penguin 350s. Fluval M 200 watt. Play sand and local driftwood. It's stocked with Silver Dollars, Angels, Neons, a Rubbernose Pleco, and a Bala Shark that's looking for a home.

photo2.JPG

This is a 60 gallon (same footprint as a 55, but taller). It has cichlid sand substrate, and some rocks from the landscape shop up the road. Filtered with two AC110s. I just set it up in February and had fry by March. It's stocked heavily as I plan to cull some aggressive males. (6) Yellow Labs, (6) Red Zebras, (6) Acei, (1) synodontis euptera, and (1) Rubbernose. Love this tank.

photo.JPG

My little fry / grow out area area. The 20 long on top has a young pair of cons. The bottom left tank has 32 Acei fry...a few weeks old. I have a holding Yellow Lab to put in the other tank come next week.

photo4.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo.JPG

photo4.JPG

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Nice setups. Can I ask what you have wrapped around the intake in the 20 Long? I know that it is acting as a prefilter but I am wanting to know what you used. Thanks!

dledinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2013
North Carolina
Its just quilt batting from walmart with rubberbands. Tacky looking....but it works. I am going to put a sponge in there like the two 10 gallons.

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Cool thanks! I am waiting on some predicted in the mail, but needs something until they arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You have some nice driftwood in the first tank
I like that vertical piece and I used to do my African tanks in a similar fashion.

dledinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks for the comments. Yes, lots of rocks in the 60. I've actually taken quite a few out. I think I started with about 200lbs and have about 150 or so left in there. Last night I set up another 75 in the garage. I think I'll use it for when the African fry outgrow their 10 gallon tanks. I don't know how far into the summer I'll be able to keep the temp low enough for them....we'll see.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store