Question on cleaning, and keeping my 55g tank clean!

JRP1989

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi there, let me start off by explaining my situation. I have a 55g tank setup with one mean bugger in it; since I cannot put any other living creature in his tank a bottom feeder is kind of out of the question for cleaning the tank, as is sticking my hand in there to clean and place objects/plants that have been moved (fish tends to knock things around and uproot plants). Do any of you have suggestions on effective and cheap ways to maintain a nice clean looking tank setup?

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
Get something like a python (hose thing that attaches to your sink) or make something similar that has a long enough end that you don't need to stick your hand in the tank.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Use a python to clean, and aquarium tongs to arrange decorations....and if he is digging and moving the decorations around....keep them to a minimum.

JRP1989

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
Use a python to clean, and aquarium tongs to arrange decorations....and if he is digging and moving the decorations around....keep them to a minimum.
Yeah he likes to try and burrow in the rocks, and tends to run into the plants or plow through them while chaseing his dinner... supposed to have lots of hiding places for him but hard to do when he just messes it all up lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store