Ghetto Water Polishing

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Haha I had to post this. Sometimes you have to improvise. Koralia powerhead, a fine micron sock, a wood clamp and you have a temporary polisher.

I had an algae outbreak from an overzealous light, switched the light and the algae died but when I scrape it the water gets cloudy so I had to make shift something up... obviously temporary but nice addition for water change day if needed.

uploadfromtaptalk1367803890177.jpg

Sent from Samsung 4G Microwave

Reactions: Troy1015

CrimsonFog

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Warshingtun
Winning.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Lol nice. I have an 18 watt UV around here not being used...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I have a few UV's not being used as well. I was using a regular dual bulb shoplight. T12? My coralife burnt up and I needed something. I replaced it but the alae was pretty bad for a while there.

Sent from Samsung 4G Microwave

coyotethug

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
Michigan
Mocked up something a few weeks back for sucking up algae from a reef that may work for you. Didn't want to do a huge water change so I set up a trash can with a filter sock and a float switch operated sump pump. I siphoned through the filter sock which I attached to the side with a hook made of PVC parts. It worked like a charm. I even used it recently to clarify a tank with a slight haze to it by using a 1 micron filter sock. Works great if you don't or can't change an lot of water.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store