did a measurement on the big trop!

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Well, since I am unfortunately going a different route with fish. Kinda by force/ necessity with my business, time and new kid on the way. I am reducing to one 280wide and just doing a few rays and arowanas to help reduce the food bill.I pulled the gars out and moved them to a holding tank until another member can get them(for ease of capture at that time my 180gal is a "b" to get fish out of.)

I'll let the new owner say who they are.

Since I had it out I did a measurement. The big tropical is now 26"+ I had to measure twice because I couldn't believe it. I mesaured a bag that I used to move it in like a cradle. Its tail suck out 2-3" easy and its nose was in the corner. The bag is 24" long.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Here is what is left of my net

uploadfromtaptalk1367878816512.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Goodness they look like they could snap those LNGs in half with ease... hopefully they will play nice in the pool. I'mna stock that think with like 500 feeders beforehand lol. hubby and I are both looking forward to adding those beauties to our collection.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Goodness they look like they could snap those LNGs in half with ease... hopefully they will play nice in the pool. I'mna stock that think with like 500 feeders beforehand lol. hubby and I are both looking forward to adding those beauties to our collection.
They should do well and behave. Just remember what to me a bit to learn.."a fillet a day keeps the Trops at bay..." As I mentioned I would only be worried about the retics.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
The gars are looking great as always Scott.

Congrats Amy on the soon to be monsters. Are you just getting the trops, or some of Scott's other gars as well if you don't mind me asking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store