Clown won't present to Bubble Anemone

Salty Dog

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2013
Fishers, In
Clown has been in tank for 2 weeks, Bubble Anemone in tank for 5 days.

I was told by LFS to print a pic of same type clown, in same type Anemone and tape it to the front of the tank. Clown should go to Anemone to claim it as his own!

Anyone ever heard of that before? Or does anyone have other ideas or experience in this type matter?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lanceiswaiting

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Australia
What type of clown is it? BTA's only host clarkes, maroon, and tomatoes naturally. There are many notable exceptions in aquariums though. I had a pair of occelaris in my field of bta's. They literally would just lay still in them and loved it. It's really luck of the draw though with the non natural symbionts. You could try putting the clown and the nem in a small plastic breeding box.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Bubbles and ocellaris don't usually go together. My clowns completely ignored it and opted for a haddons carpet.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pfisherman

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
Sandwich, Illinois
tank bred clowns are also harder to get hosted, they lack the training. that being said, I have observed false percula being hosted by GBTA. it is mostly luck of the draw.

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
tank bred clowns are also harder to get hosted, they lack the training. that being said, I have observed false percula being hosted by GBTA. it is mostly luck of the draw.
I dunno. My black and white ocellaris clowns went straight to the carpet nem I had in the tank for them. It took literally zero time for them to make it home.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Like said farm raised clowns usually host powerheads + you gotta read the list of pairing nems to clowns to match them up - that being said ppl have had success by isolating nems and clowns in small enclosures such as nets and hang on brine tanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store