What is it about NTTs..

pga7602

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2009
LA CA
that makes them so hard to convert their food source. I have 3 ITs and 2 NTTs in my grow out tank. Everything is eating market shrimp / tilapia and Massivore, but for the life of me, i can't seem to get the NTTs to eat anything but blood worms. I tried starving them for a week, but back down after they look frail and skinny. They are only 2 inches big, so I don't really want to push it. My other DATS are growing a lot faster than they are, and I'm worried it's because all they would eat are blood worms.

Thoughts?

Geofroniac

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
San Gabriel
Same here, my IT and NTT eat pellets but my NGT is not learning from them. Only prefer blood worm as well. I heard that maybe using clown loach to trained it to eat pellets because loaches attacks it food constantly. But make sure get loaches that it bigger than then dats mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pga7602

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2009
LA CA
I'm not even aiming for pellets.. just want them to eat something else other than live worms. A piece of tilapia or market shrimp would be perfect.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
My NTT was the easiest to get on pellets. Got him from Rapps, fed blood worms for about a week then starved him for 2 days and he ate massivore. Won't even look at shrimp, only pellets now.

pga7602

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2009
LA CA
My NTT was the easiest to get on pellets. Got him from Rapps, fed blood worms for about a week then starved him for 2 days and he ate massivore. Won't even look at shrimp, only pellets now.
Interesting.. I'm starting to think it's size, not species. What size were your NTT when you did the conversion?

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Small. I had 2 of them at about 3". Both took pellets. I ended up selling 1 because he was unstable. Now the one is about 6" and loving life lol

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
A week is nothing your wasting you time starving them for less than a month

The trick is not to offer any live the day you get them just feed what you want them to eat

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store