Aptasia X or Joes Juice?

james331

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
Mamou
Peppermint shrimp , Dont put the other stuff in tank if you got corals. I know this, done it didnt kill the corals but they didnt look to good for a few hrs. the Peppermint shrimp will pick at you corals and try to eat them, ive seen this they kill my rock anemone, a beautiful piece , they started to kill my duncan i put a stop to that , gave them back to the fish store, but my Aptasia never came back since they ate them .

Pfisherman

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
Sandwich, Illinois
use a thick paste of kalk, and smother it out. those other remedies dont really kill em, then they come back worse.

I have also used vinegar to kill them, if you can get the rock out this is the best way for me. if not use a diabetic syringe and shoot the vinegar directly into the little bugger. some say boiling hot RO water will do the same thing in a syringe, or lemon juice.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I've heard boiling water and lemon juice are both good natural cures as well. I would probably try the boiling water first since it won't mess with your chemistry at all. If you boil some of your tank water it will get much hotter than if you just used RO too so it should be even more effective.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Well I've tried lemon juice and boiling water with both failing, I wanna stay away from peppermints cause I do have a few coral and don't want them to damage them.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I've had the best success with kalk paste. If you feed nori to your fish, the desiccant packet is calcium oxide (one form of Kalk). Leaving it exposed to humidity for several days will convert it to calcium hydroxide, which is the form you want.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store