Dither fish

esr209

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2013
Nebraska
I want to keep some type of large tetra in a school of about ten in my 120 gallon tank with a green terror pair, green texas, and a JD along with a small shoal of pictus cats.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
either silver dollars or danios(giant):popcorn:

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
If you are looking for good schoolers, go with a tetra (buenos aires or Columbian). They are the ultimate schoolers and add great movement to a tank. If you want just some fish that will help make your other fish feel at home or give them something to take some aggression out on, I vote for the giant danios. The silver dollars are great and can take a beating for sure, but if you have a fish that is determined to destroy a dither, the dollars are easy to catch. The danios are much faster and only a very good ambush predator could catch them. IME, the danios are more fragile, but their speed makes them very hard to catch and thus a better choice for aggressive fish.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

esr209

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2013
Nebraska
So the Buenos Aires could work? I just don't want them to go missing. If some do I could just put them in my angel tank, but I'd really like a tight school moving through the 120 gallon.

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
So the Buenos Aires could work? I just don't want them to go missing. If some do I could just put them in my angel tank, but I'd really like a tight school moving through the 120 gallon.
Then the Buenos Aires are for you. They are a cheap dither for a 3" fish and their schooling is very good. Make sure to get at least 10 of them to get the most out of their schooling behavior.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store