just a few pics of my gars feeding

jar2x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2013
Philippines
was the feeder tossed around? because that one goldfish not look healthy judging by its fins.. were your feeders QTd prior? just a little concerned for your gar. awsome pics btw..

sdavis76

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
texas
was the feeder tossed around? because that one goldfish not look healthy judging by its fins.. were your feeders QTd prior? just a little concerned for your gar. awsome pics btw..
lol yes it was in good shape prior to the feeding, i have two in the tank and they were kinda fighting over it i wished i could have got my camera to get a snapshot of that but oh well.. i just thought the pics turned out ok and wanted to share with the family here on mfk . i have had them since 2006 or 2007 i think best fish i ever had just love those two ol fish ;)

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
what kind of gar is thaT?

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
florida or spotted im not sure
did you buy them at an LFS? if that is then they are Florida gar. BTW minnows are better for feeding these as they are their natural food in the wild and don't have as much fat as the captive raised feeder goldfish.

sdavis76

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
texas
i got them off of aquabid i normally feed pellets or minnows i just had the goldies left over from fishing

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
idk how some of you guys can take such nice pictures. Very nice looking gar. how big are they?

sdavis76

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
texas
Thanks I have really enjoyed them through the years .they are I'm guessing 14 inches and the pictures were taken with a Nikon 5100 and I think my 55 mom lens .thank you again for the nice complement.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store