Stung

BillynJennifer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
KY
I am now a part of that ''do something stupid and get stung'' club. I did not realize where my Retic was and reached in to get something off the sand and she tagged me with both stings. There was some rediculous, extreme pain. Went to urgent care and got a shot of Morphine and a hot water bath for my hand. Still soaking it, but right now, all is right with the world.

:)

Sent from my M975 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
That is why I always find were the rays are before I mess around in the tank. I was grazed by a male retic once and have been a wuss ever since. I wuss out of hand feeding. I may do that with my black rays since their tails are not as long.

Hope all goes well with that sting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BillynJennifer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
KY
The doctor felt of it and said that she didn't think any of the barb was left in there so she didn't do anything. I think I'll probably have to go see my regular doctor in the morning. I'll have to take a pic in the morning.

Sent from my M975 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Doesn't sound pleasant at all. Dumb question: I always wanted to know if there are any known treatments for stingray barbs - I mean aside from the hot/cold water and pain killers. Because I know it's only a matter of time before it happens to me. In the meantime, hope you get the all-clear

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Doesn't sound pleasant at all. Dumb question: I always wanted to know if there are any known treatments for stingray barbs - I mean aside from the hot/cold water and pain killers. Because I know it's only a matter of time before it happens to me. In the meantime, hope you get the all-clear
Cold water makes it worse. They have a good write up in the ray safety thread in the stickies.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store