MOD 2080 2 inlet pipes into one intake?

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Hi,

I have a 2080 which has hoses for 2 inlet pipes, I have both inlets in the same corner so it is pointless to have 2 intakes when i could have one big one...

I was wondering if it is possible to fabricate an intake that i can attach BOTH of the inlets to for the 2080? If so how?

thanks

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Yes but surely if I don't increase the diameter of the intake that will restrict the flow a lot!

If the area of the current single intake is:

Pi x r2, that's 3.14cm2 per intake, wouldn't I need increase the area of the dual intake to at least 6.5cm2 to get the correct intake volume?

Then split it with a Y?

Thanks

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
The filter is designed to run optimally with the standard diameter tubing. Putting a Y is not going to decrease output. It's just going to pull everything in through one intake

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
the filter is designed to work theough 2 x 1.5cm intakes, surely if i put a Y into a singe 1.5cm intake this will restrict the flow?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
It will restrict the flow. I don't think you need to double the size of the tube but do try and get a larger y and have adapters on the smaller lines to go to the bigger y. Since it is being forced through and not gravity fed it will handle a bit more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
It will restrict the flow. I don't think you need to double the size of the tube but do try and get a larger y and have adapters on the smaller lines to go to the bigger y. Since it is being forced through and not gravity fed it will handle a bit more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I was thinking to get an FX5 intake pipe and strainer and modding it to cope with the 2 inlets from the 2080....good idea?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store