Nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus

Robulus153

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
Greenville SC
I'm glad to say I've recently found 3 Fusco's at Petsmart?! I couldnt believe it when i walked in. They are very small at this point but know they will grow fine in the 125. My 45 Bow front is like Junior high until they graduate. I'm really on my way to building a predator fish tank. I will post some pictures below.
So far they are very aggressive for little fish and the alpha has cocked off to the vc-10's which are twice there size at this point. The smallest one was a runt and died today, i thought that might happen. The two healthy ones are great and were doing a turf battle which i caught on camera.

My current Pred Hap list: (never mind the mispelling)
Nimbochromis Livingstonii
Nimbochromis Fuscotaeniatus
Fossochromis Rostratus
Buccochromis Nototaenia
rhamphochromis macrophthalmus
Exochromis Anagenys
placidochromis vc10
dimidiochromis compressiceps

DSCN0450.JPGDSCN0456.JPGDSCN0461.JPGDSCN0464.JPG

DSCN0450.JPG

DSCN0456.JPG

DSCN0461.JPG

DSCN0464.JPG

GVerde

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2011
Chicago
You may have problems with the fusco once he/she gets some size to him/her. I have a 220G full of predator haps from 8"-12" in length. I also used to have a 8" male fusco and a 3.5" fusco. I had to sell both of them. They were way too aggressive in my tank, fighting with everyone. At the moment the tank is fairly calm for an all male predator hap/peacock tank.

jrthor_85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2012
Fresno, CA, USA
Nice find! I was surprised myself to find fusco's in the mixed african tanks at my local lfs this weekend as well. Was told the fish in those tanks are supplied by a crew from LA area who deliver up and down California. I know there's little chance this group and your petsmarts in SC are related but was surprised to see them in there nonetheless.

Robulus153

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
Greenville SC
Thanks for the comments guy's. I have found the Fusco's are very rough but surprisingly doing well with everyone. I was on vacation for a week and lost a male taiwan reef but that's it with them in the tank. I'm going to move them in the 125 when they are a little bigger. I figure they will be way small compared to some of my other large haps and will be put in place.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store