Keeping more than one Datnoid.

Ominae

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
LA
Is it better to keep one or multiple dats? If more, how many? I am planning to get two more ntts today, but i want to know if it's better to keep just one, or two, or three. Will dats be more confident as a group? My current tank has 4 EBJDs in it right now, with both fish types being about 2 inches. Let me know, thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC One X using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
IMO one by itself is the best, but I can't help but have more than one. In groups, 3 or more is best.

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
i have 4 (IT) and when they were in my 75 there was always one that was bullied and he spent all his time in the corner hiding. now they are in the 180 the problem has gone away. there is still some posturing and chasing but the extra room and space to get away has stopped the hiding and bullying

Payarakeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I have two dats together with no issues, though both mine are closing in on the 11" mark. They get along perfectly, following eachother around constantly

Sent from my LG-P930 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Keep one or more then two. The exception, IME, is if there is a large size difference between two. If there is, the small one is invisible to the larger one.

Ominae

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
LA
Hmmm I think I'm going to just do it and get 2 more :) especially since they're 2 ntt for 24. Hopefully it all goes well. Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC One X using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store