$10 alligator gars at lfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffLeMay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Manchester, CT
saw of few of these guys at a fish store near my house, maybe three to four inches a piece, very cute at that size if you ask me. i just think it's kind of messed up to offer a fish that will get that huge for so cheap, and probably without letting people know they are a bad choice unless you are willing to put the time and money and space into raising them...just pisses me off is all, to know that probably none of those little guys will get the care they deserve...just blowing off a little steam i guess

Dovii dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Massachusetts
www.Tanbusters.com
Yeah,i bought 1 at my local LFS last Saturday,if these(the ones you saw and the one i bought)are indeed real Gater Gars i guess a few of the people in here said it is really rare to find them this time of year.Mine was only an inch when i got him,been power feeding him and i swear he has put on at least a half inch!!I shop at James Tropical fish here in Spfld,Mass,have you ever been there??:headbang2

JeffLeMay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Manchester, CT
no, i havent actually, but maybe i should give it a try. i live in manchester, ct, so springfield is not very far for me at all

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
JeffLeMay;679176; said:
saw of few of these guys at a fish store near my house, maybe three to four inches a piece, very cute at that size if you ask me. i just think it's kind of messed up to offer a fish that will get that huge for so cheap, and probably without letting people know they are a bad choice unless you are willing to put the time and money and space into raising them...just pisses me off is all, to know that probably none of those little guys will get the care they deserve...just blowing off a little steam i guess
If they tell the truth, no one will buy them, and the fish will die. If they don't, ignorant people will buy them, and they will die. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a tank wall!

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Polypterus;679586; said:
There is a snowballs chance in hell those are actually Alligator gar (Atractosteus spatula)....
Many gars are called Alligator by LFS but only a very very very few ever truly are....
Their species name is SPATULA? Were they identified by Rubbermaid? LOL!

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Polypterus;679666; said:
Ummm....OK....
HMMKAY. Your sense of humor is lacking, ummm kay?:ROFL:

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Oh yes.....of coarse... the lack of a sense of humor response to the questioning of a ridiculous post..The favorite of those that take little seriously..

Lol..HAHA..lol...whatever.....

Tell me again why you are giving advice or comments about these fish?
I'm just interested to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store