will this rack work

pigoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2013
United States
Personally I wouldn't use those shelving units for aquariums...due to the way the shelves "friction-fit" onto the posts.

I do have/use shelving units just like this for many things...I just wouldn't use it for aquariums. If something should slip...you're in for a real mess.

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
I somtimes try to build stuff, but have no power tool and borry from family. somtimes it is easier to buy if i can, trust me, I saw industrial so i assumed they were pretty good, though like you said everything can fail

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth

tanker19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
parkersburg wv
I have the shorter version of that shelf n the papers that come with It says evenly distributed weight I would think it would hold but I would put somthing down to spreeds the weight more even or use the block idea much more sturdy and much cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
What would you add to distribute weight. I really like shelf. Not a fan of cinder blocks in my house. I would think spiders and such would get in cracks

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Edsal-36...-UR-185WGB/202067995?N=bduzZ12l2#.UY27wkpFAUw
I use this one, Fits 40 breeders perfectly. its not super stable with side to side motion but it holds two 40G just fine. If you want a stronger I think they make one with thicker steel, just measure the clearance before you buy. even tho the measurements are correct on box keep in mind its the outside dimensions. inner dimensions are a bit smaller

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store