Denison Barbs at petsmart?

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
Idk if this has previously discussed and is old news, But the last two petsmart's I've been to both carried Denison barbs for only 9 dollars! That's so much cheaper than the 25 dollars they cost everywhere else I've been.

I would've scooped a whole bunch up but my tanks not running.

Anyways I just thought I'd share this little tidbit of info, sorry if its old news.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
everyone says they're so expensive but they are $8-9 everywhere I've seen them around here

Sent from my SCH-M828C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
At a lot of my LFSs they are in the $20-25 range, but my local Petsmart does carry them for $10 each. But like many of the fish at the big chain stores, they seem duller in color (not really sick looking, though some are clearly sick, just dull) than many of the fish I find at LFSs. I think my local Petsmart has had the same three Denison barbs for the last month....and they haven't grow.

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
I find that a nice diet helps the bleached out fish at petsmart, plus the light gravel doesn't exactly make their colors pop.

Honestly I've seen some for 35+ at LFS's around here, so it was a real shock

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
I find that a nice diet helps the bleached out fish at petsmart, plus the light gravel doesn't exactly make their colors pop.

Thinking of buying the entire stock of Bolivian rams the next time they go on sale at my local Petsmart. $2.50 each is a steal no matter what shape they are in (except dead). And they always seem to crowd that little 10 gallon section with 20 of these guys and expect them to last.

I actually saw the Denison barbs at Petsmart for the first time ever, then went to one of my LFSs and saw the $25 price tag and thought "ripoff". LOL

Nate Dogg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2011
Louisville

at petsmart the only thing they feed them are blood worms and other frozen food (i think the other one is brine shrimp)

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
One of my lfs has them in a large planted aquarium for 8.99 each but they're on the smaller side

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store