One or two heaters?

sgtreef

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2013
Oklahoma
Hi all new here , but not to fish tanks.

Okay that out of the way.

I am setting my 126 gallon back up been down for 7 years all in the house so Silicon is good and all.

Now back to the question should I do the one heater Deal or two?

What size each and I don't want to go to no $100.00 a piece heats seen some Good ones for $35.00 A piece Jager ones at that and new.

Price is high but local, i might mail order as summer here and really won't be needing them soon really.

Thanks

Jeff

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I like using two heaters. If somthing happens to one the other is there as a back up. Jager is a good heater.

tomomothy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I agree. Plus even if the heaters dont fail, it cuts the work each does by half. This can actually extend the life by more than you would see if you used a single, then replaced it when it finally died

Undertheradar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2011
oxford england
Two heaters and feed them independently so if for example a fuse blows in a multi plug you don't loose both heaters, reduces the chances

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
What type of fish are you keeping? A single 300 watt heater will work if your tank is inside your house.

Sent from my Nokia 5165

Andrewx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2012
MD
It depends on how cold your house is and what temperature you keep your tank. I need to 250 watt heaters to keep my 75 gallon tank at 77 degrees.

sgtreef

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2013
Oklahoma
Just regular fish sorry guys my days I think of Piranha's, Oscars and Shovel noses is over, and yes indoors should of said 125 gallon.

I like the idea of two , never gets too cold in Ok in the last few years.

I ran two the first time, just making sure right idea.

Best run and get them coming seems like $20.00 cheaper in total local then Web.

Jeff

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store