55 gallon

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Think ive finally got my room mate into fish a little. He texted me earlier and said he wanted to get his dads 55 gallon and hook it up in his room. He said something about getting like 5 tiger barbs so I need some help figuring out what else I can suggest for him. Any ideas welcome

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
Whatever people recommend, make sure it doesn't have nice fins. Because either the barbs are going to shred them or the other fish in question is going to kill them for trying to shred its fins.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Yeah I agree I have a few tiger barbs in my 72 and they nip me when I put my hand in.

japbart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2012
Los Angeles
Does he want a centerpiece fish or just a community? A pair of cichlids is always nice and I think it'll get ur roommate more into fish if he sees their breeding behavior. If not ill just add some more barbs or tetras. Rummy nose tetras are a nice addition.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Moved to setup and filtration.

I like the idea of some tiger barbs and clown loaches living together, it looks awesome. He'd eventually need to upgrade, but it would last a nice long while before he did.

Also, encourage him to get adequate filtration.

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Yeah. we have clown loaches and tiger barbs in the 72 in the living room. Not real sure why he got tiger barbs but oh well. would a pair of Salvinis work?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store