Rivermonsters bowfin

tkoltz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2012
florida
The most recent Rm episode jeremy wade catches a prespawn bowfin.

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cgibby

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2011
U.S.
I do have a question about the bowfin he caught though; why was it so green? were those colors for pre-spawn or could it fertilizer leaking into the lake? i've seen that happen to other fish in some stock ponds

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I do have a question about the bowfin he caught though; why was it so green? were those colors for pre-spawn or could it fertilizer leaking into the lake? i've seen that happen to other fish in some stock ponds

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Have not seen the fish in question but I catch thousands of bowfins. The males become green when in spawning mode. They can have as little as green fins or a faint green huge. Or I have seen them so bright neon green that you'd think they would glow in the dark. Some male and females get blue as well. Not to the extreams as the green, but blue fins and huge are what I have come across.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

warmouth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
missouri
Have not seen the fish in question but I catch thousands of bowfins. The males become green when in spawning mode. They can have as little as green fins or a faint green huge. Or I have seen them so bright neon green that you'd think they would glow in the dark. Some male and females get blue as well. Not to the extreams as the green, but blue fins and huge are what I have come across.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Blue Bowfij , wow that's cool!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store