Siphon setup in house

Red_Terror

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2008
Georgia
I recently acquired a 125 gallon fish tank that I plan on setting up near my kitchen. My last two tanks have been setup in the garage and therefore used outside plumbing. One of my goals of this setup was to avoid having to run buckets during the cold months. I've recently noticed however that none of my downstairs sinks have threads in them to attach a siphon. Can anyone suggest a method for doing this in doors?

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Does the faucet have a cap? On mine I have to unscrew the cap and screw on the adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
The cap he's referring to is usually the piece at the end of the faucet (bottom side of where the water comes out). Most of them will unscrew and the threads are located in that spot, which is where you'd install a brass or plastic adapter to attach a 'python' style water changer.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have the same situation. I bought a diverter valve and put it under the shower head.

zetroc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
Go to your local hardware store and ask for an adaptor that connects waterhose to sink. You will need to remove the aerator from you sink to connect the adaptor but after that you should be good to go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store