Is my filtration OK for large cichlids?

MonsterCichlids75

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2012
Boston, MA
Hey everyone, thinking of doing a single wet pet, central or South American cichlid in my 75 gallon. I havnt decided yet but just so you have an idea size wise, it would be a cichlid like an Oscar, Texas, or Red Dev. so which ever I choose, it's going to be around 12 inches fully grown. In a 75, I obviously need good filtration to keep up with my water monsters mess.. Is this filtration good enough? I'm currently running 2 Marineland emperor 400's and I'm also running an Aquaclear 70 which is filled with Biomax only. They're all fully cycled as I've been using the tank for breeding projects and whatnot but do you think this will be enough filtration for 1 big cichlid? I do water changes ever Wednesday :) and I keep the filters in tip too shape

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
yeah man that should enough, and as long as you keep up with water changes then you shouldnt have a problem

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Your filtration will be fine biologically speaking, you may find it not quite adequate though regarding mechanical filtration. If that ends up being the case then you came easily overcome that with more frequent gravel vacs.

Oscar would be fine in a standard 75g unless it happens to grow to be two feet long.

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
Your filtration will be fine biologically speaking, you may find it not quite adequate though regarding mechanical filtration. If that ends up being the case then you came easily overcome that with more frequent gravel vacs.

Oscar would be fine in a standard 75g unless it happens to grow to be two feet long.
steroid in pellets?....haha i must admit that would be a sight to see

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store