Illegal gar?

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I've read recently in a thread that gar are illegal in CT. I've seen people who own them and a few for sale in a lfs.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Thanks for the help guys. I'm not sure where the gator gar that was in lfs recently came from but I do know it was someone's who no longer wanted it. I also seen a pic of someone in Torrington who owns two spotted gar

Dispatch273

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2011
CT
I see gar for sale in CT all the time so I find it hard to believe that they are illegal here. These are reputable stores too, so I highly doubt they would risk being shut down just in order to sell some gar. I would call the DEEP and get in touch with them. They can tell you if gar are illegal or not.

OK-So I called the DEEP and spoke to a very nice man, Gar are indeed ILLEGAL in CT. He was very surprised to hear about fish stores carrying Gar in CT. Hope I didn't get anyone in too big of trouble!

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Hmm I hope I didn't get no one in trouble either. I was just curious cause I've also seen a few different types for sale in the recent months. Then when I read the post I decided to look into it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store