How do I know if the Python faucet adapter will fit onto my faucet?

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
I don't doubt that it will, I just want to be sure it does before I order one. House is probably 15 years old with original faucet if it matters. Thanks.

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
Ok, dumb question, it says fits any standard faucet. Do the adapters come with the system or do they need to be purchased seperately? Amazon shows a couple different adapters.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
They use the standard threading for the faucet ends. I believe they come with two adapters, one for internal and one for external threaded.
Correct, python suplys the standard vavle wich threads onto your typical faucet like your garden hose. But they also include the adapter to thread inside of the airator on most newer faucets.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I used the Python alone for years moving it from tank to tank, but decided I like to fill multiple tanks at once. You can see the plastic Python attached to the upper, but the hardware store offers multiple options for any choice you make. And after the plastic wears out, the generic hardware metal or PVC adapters work great.

This is attached to one of those goofy pull out faucets, you can see the flexible conduit I had to rig it up to.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
DSC_0072.JPG

When I had my python, I wasn't really fond of the plastic adapter that came with it. I went to Lowes and bought that nice looking chrome adaptor for the faucet on my kitchen sink and have used it ever since. I don't ever bother to take it off as it looks slick enough that I see no need to. The python screws right on to it.

If you choose to get one of these, when you go to Lowes, ask the guy for the faucet adaptor that will let you attach a standard garden hose.

EDIT- moved to Setup and Filtration

DSC_0072.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store