Non-drip (drinking water) RO units

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Anybody here run an RO unit that you'd normally hook up to a sink for drinking water, rather than one looped into a drip system? I'm looking for something that could be connected to my kitchen sink but would have its own little faucet so that I can still get normal water out of the tap. Would be especially nice if it produces the stuff at a fast rate (at least 5/gal a day) and maybe has some storage capacity to hold some of the water it's made.

Anybody have a recommendation? I know almost nothing about this stuff!

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
What about just using one of those brita systems that hooks right to the faucet. It has a lever for purified water and a lever for straight tap water and when you need it you just turn it on and fill up a bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
What about just using one of those brita systems that hooks right to the faucet. It has a lever for purified water and a lever for straight tap water and when you need it you just turn it on and fill up a bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It's for a mist kings mister and I think that while that would be an improvement over tap, it's still not great for it.

RobE

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
Seminole, FL
I use a bulk reef supply 5 stage Ro/di 75 gallon per day setup. I have it hooked into my sink with the supplied adapter and when I need it I just open the valve. It will fill a 5 gallon jug in a little over an hour.

Sent from my DROID X2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
I use a bulk reef supply 5 stage Ro/di 75 gallon per day setup. I have it hooked into my sink with the supplied adapter and when I need it I just open the valve. It will fill a 5 gallon jug in a little over an hour.

Sent from my DROID X2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Hmmm, interesting, that is really fast production. Do you have a link to the model?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store