Fluval FX5 ?

beerad555

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Illinois
This may be a dumb ? but here it goes. I have just recently purchased a FX5 and was wondering if I should point the inputs down toward the bottom of the tank to keep the poop stirred up , so then in return the output will suck it into the filters.I have a 125 gal with large S/A cichlids.

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
If your worried about flow just throw in a powerhead and you'll probably get the results your looking for.

beerad555

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Illinois
No I am not worried about flow ,my thinking is that all of their poop gathers at the bottom in spots on top of the sand and if I had the inputs positioned down towards the bottom of the tank it would get stirred up and sucked in to the FX 5 filters.
If your worried about flow just throw in a powerhead and you'll probably get the results your looking for.

Daonni

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
nh
I have 2 on my 125, mine is barebottom so i have on intake tube at the bottom of the tank, no poop at all. with one fx5 you may be able to control poop with it, try aiming output to front bottom of tank, increasing circulation.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
You can possibly do that, though you may find the poop will gather in other "dead flow" areas. Remember you will need to aggitate the waters surface for oxygen exchange.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store