Please Help Identify Fluval FX5 Impeller Part

Kitumba

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
Texas
Hi

I purchased a used FX5 recently, it may need a new impeller and while checking prices
i noticed the impeller assembly's picture 2 components that i can't identify on my pump.
Please see pic attached and tell me what parts the red arrows are pointing at...

Thanks to all...

fx5.JPG

fx5.JPG

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I dont remember seeing these parts near the impeller when servicing mine but the tube looks like the purge tube on the inside of the lid. I'm pretty sure fluval has a parts diagram on their site.

Kitumba

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
Texas
I dont remember seeing these parts near the impeller when servicing mine but the tube looks like the purge tube on the inside of the lid. I'm pretty sure fluval has a parts diagram on their site.
Thank You
Yeah, had a look a Fluval site but its hard to tell from the pics they have there...

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Just a guess but those 2 parts may be the tools needed to separate the impeller magnet, bushing and/or shaft from the impeller.

I've not yet seen any online instructions for disassembling the FX5 impeller assembly though I'm pretty sure the instructions come with the repair kit.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
The black tube is just to hold that little bushing (tiny piece that ends at the black rubber grommet) at the end of it. The metal part is to remove the old one. This is where the impeller sits. Shine a flashlight into where your impeller fits and you'll see it. Usually doesn't need to be touched.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store