29 gallon bio cube, first saltwater tank

Mustardboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Virginia
Hi,
I have had fresh water tanks since childhood and I am looking to go into saltwater but want something easy to start with. I am looking at the 29 Gallon bio cube.

Here

I have researched saltwater some but I am not to in depth. Would this be a good starter tank? what else would I need? thanks.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
A lot of people will tell you you shouldn't start with a small tank like that but in my opinion it'll be fine, I started with a 20 gallon and didn't have any problems. The one thing you need to do more then anything is research, I researched for at least 6 months before buying anything. Once you research enough you'll know what you need and what to do.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
This is what I started with for my first attempt at SW http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+9017+20458&pcatid=20458 when I picked it up it came with the stand for free as well. It comes with everything you really need although most people will use a protein skimmer, I went with the Aqua-Maxx HOB-1 which had a ton of great reviews. It's been running over three months now with 20+# of LR from a friends tank and 20# of aragonite sand. Inhabitants are a bangaii cardinalfish and a firefish. And the CUC is a quick crew from reefcleaners.com

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
No real changes in the last 6 weeks except I added a bit more rock and a firefish. Still trying to go slow with the stocking to allow the system to adjust before I add more. Might be picking up something in the near future though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store