Lava Rock Aquascaping, that's what i'm talking about.

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
Very nice lava Rock aquascaping mate, I may try out something similar in the future.

The only detail it bothres me about Lava Rock is that it can be very abrasive to some fish, we should make a careful selection of those organisms due to live there, as far as I can see youre in the right way though.

Cheers.

Very nice lava Rock aquascaping mate, I may try out something similar in the future.

The only detail it bothres me about Lava Rock is that it can be very abrasive to some fish, we should make a careful selection of those organisms due to live there, as far as I can see youre in the right way though.

Cheers.
Thanks. Agree with what you have said.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head

Cheers.
I find that there are always a few scrapes on the newbies or when I change the scaping up but it doesn't take long for them to start navigating properly so they don't injure themselves.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
One thing to keep in mind is that you have dark rock that will slowly break down and flake off sitting on white sand. After a while it will probably bother you more than you think it will. I solved this by adding Tahitian Moon Sand to the white PFS I already had and created a mottled look that I think looks great with the lava rock.

I find that there are always a few scrapes on the newbies or when I change the scaping up but it doesn't take long for them to start navigating properly so they don't injure themselves.
Agreed.

One thing to keep in mind is that you have dark rock that will slowly break down and flake off sitting on white sand. After a while it will probably bother you more than you think it will. I solved this by adding Tahitian Moon Sand to the white PFS I already had and created a mottled look that I think looks great with the lava rock.
Cool. We'll see how long the white sand lasts. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store