ID my gar and snakehead?

hthanh92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2013
canada
can anyone tell me what type of this gar and snakehead.im about to buy them in next week.the owner said it california gar and rainbow snakehead.im just want to double check in here.and can they go with my fish.(18" silver arowana,8-9" jardini arowana,sb flower horn(super aggressive),motoro stingray,albino and tiger oscar)

$T2eC16ZHJGkFFm9O6j!ZBRhZb-VY0g~~48_20.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJH8E9qSEWzKoBRhZ,fq8n!~~48_20.JPG

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Looks like a florida gar. Im not sure about the snakehead but it looks nice

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Florida gar, for the snakehead id you would have better luck posting in the snakehead subforum under other monster fish. Rainbow snakehead is the common name for channa bleheri which gets 6". Looks bigger than that from the pictures.

As far as compatibility it is not recommended to combine gars with most of your existing stock list. As well most channa keepers recommend species only tanks for channa.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
x2 what Kevin said.. I would not mix a FLG w/ a silver let alone a jar... or a FH.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Florida gar, not sure about the snake head tho. The sting ray might work out, but it is not a good idea to keep that gar with any of your other fish.
There are no Lepisosteus (true gar) species in California. A Cali gar is simply a previously illegally kept gar in Cali.
did you just check the IP address or you just drunk this time?

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I must be drunk as well since I'm also pretty sure there is no such thing as a California gar. and for words like that i'de hold you down so he could kick you... then feed you too his fish. :irked:

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Did you read the post or is the liquors in your system doing the typing. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
lol, guess that full cup(9-10 shots) of Jack Daniel's make my eyes go worse that I thought.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store