Moray vote

billbobthegreat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2008
Eastbourne uk
Ok so im setting up a reasonably sized fowlr (5×2×2) with plans to upgrade later to an (8×3×3) max.
Thanks to some good advice my stock list has changed slightly to
Volitons lionfish
Emperor angelfish
Various compatable tangs
1 Moray Eel
Now I nees help deciding on a Moray for me I like
Jeweled
Black edged
Fimbriated
Wich would be best???

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
I love my tesselata, but those are good options too. Fimbrated are probably my second favorite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

billbobthegreat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2008
Eastbourne uk
How quickly did youre tessy grow how long would my system last?

Comatose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Boston
The best option you have there is the black edge, though Jeweled moray could work as well. Fimby's are very toughy, bordering on aggressive and you'll likely lose fish. A tesselata will eventually be too big for your tank, and will in all likelihood eat several of the fish you have listed.

You could always go with a Jeweled and a Black edge....

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
How quickly did youre tessy grow how long would my system last?

I've only had him a few months. He's grown pretty fast, but it supposed to slow down around 40".

The best option you have there is the black edge, though Jeweled moray could work as well. Fimby's are very toughy, bordering on aggressive and you'll likely lose fish. A tesselata will eventually be too big for your tank, and will in all likelihood eat several of the fish you have listed.

You could always go with a Jeweled and a Black edge....
Tessellata morays won't bother the fish if they are sizeable and you keep the eel well fed. My tess leaves my bicolor angel and long nose hawk alone, but snacks on my Chromis when I'm out of town. He eats like a monster, makes me feel like I'm starving him when I feed him on a normal eel feeding cycle.

billbobthegreat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2008
Eastbourne uk
Lol I wouldnt have tried to keep any food with the tessy I just worry about eventual tank size I cant go any larger than 8x3 I dont have the space

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I was i in aboslute love with one i had, for yeras, ages ago...skinned like a leopard.

Forget the name, however.

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
Lol I wouldnt have tried to keep any food with the tessy I just worry about eventual tank size I cant go any larger than 8x3 I dont have the space

8x3x3 will be fine. I haven't seen a tess longer than 50ish", and I've been looking. That's a healthy tank size for that eel, even at full size.

I'm bummed I have to part ways with mine pretty soon. I'm moving and can't take my livestock with me.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
Best choice is black edge....I've had two, and they were much more active/outgoing even during the day than a lot of other morays (like my fimbriatus which was very reclusive). The black edge seem to have an aggressive reputation, but I never encountered that.

I personally wouldn't keep angels with eels though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store