i need some help..

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Hi,i need some help.suddenly,my aro stopped eating and has not eat anything for 4 days.can you guys tell me the possible cause of this and the solution?thanks

fishyman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
Singapore
Some questions... Try to answer all of them, then perhaps someone (most likely not me...), can help you...

1. How long have you been keeping that arowana?
2. What's the size of the arowana?
3. What arowana is that? Silver , green, red asian, cross-back golden asian, red-tail gold asian, australian such as a lei or jar?
3. What have you been feeding it? Do you feed it the same stuff every day?
4. Did you change the water recently? If so, how many days ago and percentage of the water in the tank that you changed? What's the pH, temperature, etc. --- water parameters --> are they in "healthy" range?
5. Look at your arowana very closely... Does it have anything strange anywhere (any red spots which wasn't there before, any cotton-like stuff, any fish lice, etc.?). Is the manner which it is swimming normal?
6. Did you re-locate/move the fish/tank to another place?
7. Any recent new tank-mates?
8. Any other changes, such as lighting, decorations, etc.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
+1 so many things to take into account

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
ok,i will try answer the question:
1.almost 1 year
2.38-40 cm
3.RTG aro
4.shrimp.yeah,i know it's wrong to feed only one type of food,but my father said it's okay cause 7 years ago we had a 60 cm rtg that live for 15 years and the only food he accept is shrimp,seldomly frog
5.yes,around 40 or 35 % a week.i don't have a pH tester...but recently,i don't know why the water in my house seems to look murky,like swimming pool water
6.no,there isn't any red spot,lice,or etc.it's normal,but just for info.my aro is kinda weird.since i bought him first time,he like to swim in the middle and bottom of the tank,and even sit at the bottom with its tankmates.he likes to sit in the corner and watching someone,but he will swim toward people if someone get close to the tank.
7.never
8.no.for almost a year his tankmates are florida gar,senegal,and datnoid
9.no decorations,i'm afraid if he berserk he will hurt himself into the decor.for the lighting,i think nothing special

fishyman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
Singapore
What is fine to one fish may not be fine/acceptable to another.
Seems to me you have to do something about No. 4 and 5. Remember to test for pH AND other stuff. Also think of how to make the water look clear (NOT massive water change to do that).

fishyman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
Singapore
fishyman:eek:k thanks for your advice,but about swimming behaviour and the tankmates,is it okay?
Since they have been around for almost a year and you haven't mentioned any unusual swimming behavior, No.5 should be fine. If there is any tankmate getting aggressive, you will probably have a chance to see the harassing and/or that your aro being restricting its swimming to a certain part of the tank. If none of these is happening, the tankmates shouldn't be the cause.

The "new" water that you add to your tank --- always make sure that you have used a water conditioner (such as "Prime" (a Seachem product, or any other good ones).

Most important of all, does your fish look and behave perfectly healthy --- that's a very important question.

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
if i watch my aro behaviour,i don't see any concern about his health since the tail and the fin are still in perfect condition,the scale are still complete,the colour are still bright,and nothing abnormal occur except like i said,he won't eat.

fishyman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
Singapore
No. 6 -- Is it still showing all the usual behavior, for example, like if anyone gets close to the tank it will swim towards the person, etc.
No. 4 -- Have you done anything about the food? Next time you happen to drop by your usual LFS, perhaps ask for a free cricket, if you get it, try dropping to your tank and see if your arowana will at least take a single look at eat OR it looks at eat but ignores, OR it eats the cricket?
No.5 -- The water may be the thing affecting its appetite... How is the water ---- do you still have the "murky like swimming pool water" problem ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store