What are all Saltwater aquarium parameters?

Shark123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2013
Canada
Thanks it would be a great help because every site i go to gives me different parameters, some give me iron, some don't. I would like to know ALL of them from experts like you. I'm sure you know all of them. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
That's because every ones tank is different depending on it's inhabitants, age of maturity, dosing equipment,and water source.

My reefs - salinity .0125, PH 8.5, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5ppm, PO4 .02, Cal 550, Mag 1450, alk 10,TDS less than 10ppm.

I don't test trace - ie, iodine, co2, silicates, or strontium (iron)

Shark123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2013
Canada
How about i make its eaiser for you. Ill list all the aquarium parameters i found on this site, and you tell me which ones are needed to be tested and which ones are not. Also, if there are any ones that I messed, please let me know:

Calcium
Alkalinity
Salinity
Temperature
pH
Magnesium
Phosphate
Ammonia
silica
iodine
Nitrate
Nitrite
Strontium
ORP
Boron
Iron

Which ones are needed and which ones are not? Which ones have i missed? Thanks.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Why don't you test boron or iron, or other things?
Silica tests are for those suffering from diatoms I have a silica buster on my R/O DI unit - no need to test.

Iodine is more or less a Shrimp or Crab molting issue - I have none

ORP (oxygen reduction potential) + Strontium (iron) are more or less issues associated with long term overstocked SPS coral tanks as the large corals drain the system. ORP is an oxidation thing - the waters ability to hold other stuff - IF PH + ALK are stable no need to test - if Alk drops daily - PH drops daily creating instability then it's time to add an ORP stabilizer and test. Boron is an Alk stabilizer. -- I have none of these issues

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Diatoms are a brown algae looking and acting type of bacteria that thrives on silicates from tap water and sand. Most if not all test kits will give you the ideal parameter readings for each test.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store