Need help with RO system

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
I have a 20 gallon saltwater reef tank that I'm running on tap water right now and I would like to get an RO system, Ive been trying to decide on which one to get and I found one but I'm not sure if it's a good choice because its so cheap, although it has pretty good reviews. I would only need to use about 5 gallons a week. So here it is, please let me know what you think and if I should buy it. http://www.marinedepot.com/Captive_...ystems-Captive_Purity-CP1111-FIROROTS-vi.html

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RedDwarf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Where the Sun is Warm
That unit should fit your needs just fine. I don't know what kasaki89 is looking at but the unit you linked is complete, I would just replace the carbon/sediment filter at around 1k gallons of use to be on the safe side.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
That unit should fit your needs just fine. I don't know what kasaki89 is looking at but the unit you linked is complete, I would just replace the carbon/sediment filter at around 1k gallons of use to be on the safe side.
Ok thank you very much, and luckily I'm only using about 5 gallons a week so the filter should last me a long time.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Also can I ask how I should transfer over to purified water? I do 5 gallon water changes a week so should I start of by doing half and half of tap and purified water for awhile and eventually go to fully purified water or do you think if I just switch over right away is will be fine?

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Ditto jump right in - FYI that price is for a 2-stage system ( micron + GAC) , most of us are running 4 stages (Micron, Gac, carbon block/silica buster, DI) - I'd strongly suggest at least 3 stages ( Micron, GAC, Carbon block) + a TDS meter.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
That one is kinda false advertising - the TFC membrane isn't considered a stage in the R/O lingo more like the R/O aspect. The stages are the attached canisters so basically what I'm recommending is a 3 canister ( micron, GAC, + carbon block) and tfc membrane unit w/ a tds meter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store