NTT Question

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Are NTT as mean as IT Dat? I noticed most of my IT dat grew up to be bullies in a community. Are NTT the same way? What is the temperament of an adult NTT like?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
My old NTT was pretty mellow with the ITs and Polys I had it with. I currently have 2 small NTTs together and the bigger one chased around the smaller one for the first few weeks, but they're perfectly fine together now. It's been almost a year now and there's been no fighting and they even follow each other around. They're stlll small though, so we'll see how they become as they get larger, but I'm planning on mixing these 2 with the ITs eventually. Not sure how more Dats will affect their behavior.

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
I've noticed that NTT's pretty much only fight with other NTT's, and not so much with other species of datnoids .... and, from my experience, as the IT's

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
Sorry, hit send by accident .... as IT's get larger, in my experience, they are more likely to bully other species, but AT's and NGT's have been my most aggressive dats, bullying both IT's and NTT's

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
Ntts are very calm. I had a 10" one with small fish (a 3" geo and a 4" ntt) and he never bothered any of them. I've had other big ntts and they never chased my other fish too. If you feed him pellets his whole life he's likely to be non aggressive and not see other fish as food.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Well I used to think they was peaceful to

I have the big ST and 2 x IT the biggest IT is about 15" my NTT is about 14"
My NTT has been fine with them for over 3 years but I just added a 12" ngt which tried pushing his weight about he soon showed the IT who was boss but no matter how hard he tried the NTT was to much for him to handle

Most people are lucky to grow one NTT past 12" from a tank of 4-5

I would say they are more peaceful

I still say with any tiger size matters very larger tigers don't fight with small size tigers no matter what type

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store