African cichlids in a 40!

Tankd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
Louisiana
So I just went to LFS and talked to the guy that works there, and he sold me on an African cichlid tank, he told me I can keep a bunch in the tank, and they're really pretty, so I went and got 2 bumblebee cichlids, 2 Acei cichlids, and 2 auratus African cichlids, ill post pictures in a little bit, let me know what y'all think!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Tankd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
Louisiana
Here are some pics of the tank, the Acei cichlids didn't want to stay in one spot long enough for some good pics, ill work on it though! I also want to put 2 jewel cichlids in the tank as well, any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Tankd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
Louisiana
Sorry for posting so much, my phone has been freaking out! Don't know why the pictures didnt post but here they are! Sorry! image_1.jpegimage_2.jpegimage_3.jpegimage_4.jpegimage_5.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gruntking

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2011
Miami
Ehh, ive had plenty of jewels before and they are a little agressive, but those other fish will get larger faster

Tankd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
Louisiana
Yeah i've heard theyre a little more aggresive than Bumble Bee's Etc... and what exactly do you mean they breed like convicts? just they breed alot or what?

Tankd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
Louisiana
How hard is it to deal with the fry? I've never bred fish before but i've seen videos of people using those hang on the side dividers for the fry, could i just do that? my buddy has a 20 gallon tank he said i could use to grow the fry in, but I have no clue whats really all involved in having fry etc...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store