time for an upgrade

11sec76

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2012
memphis, tn
i currently have a 120 reef with a 6 bulb t5 and an fx5 for filtration.(swapping to a sump though). im looking at two sizes but havent made up my mind yet. they are 96x24x30 & 96x24x36.

have a few questions about my new setup and hope you all can help.

led's or metal halides?
are the led's diff for the deeper tank? (looking at the radion's, maxspect razor, and orphek)
i recently bought a vortech mp40 wave maker, would this be enough with the powerheads i have in the 120 or should i get one more?
what size sump? i want to have a refugium and any design/setup input would be greatly appreciated.
what size protien skimmer? (looking at a reef octopus sro-5000 would this work?)
in sump or external skimmer?
do i need a cal reactor? phos reactor?
anything else im not thinking about right off hand?

here is some pic's of some of the future inhabitants...

[YT]http://youtu.be/v3XbS5OmenI[/YT]

end.jpegfoyer side.jpegfoyer.jpeghosting his bubble.jpegliving room side.jpeg

end.jpeg

foyer side.jpeg

foyer.jpeg

hosting his bubble.jpeg

living room side.jpeg

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Sump - a 125 will you - skimmer your choice I went simple and expandable ( Nautalus TE 2ft reactor tube + cup and pondmaster 750 external drive) For my 210.

Cal reactor's are nice if your dosing. PO4 reactors are pretty much a must with stoney corals.

LEDs last longer and at depth your lookin' at expensive pendants, MH is cheaper but you'll need to add a chiller.

Stoney's need about 20x gph water movement to shed

11sec76

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2012
memphis, tn
thanks for your reply.

i went with the radions so ill be going with the shorter tank. ill get one more mp40 just to make sure i have enough flow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store