Lights

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
I found a 48" t5 shop light fixture at home depot for like $50 and I was wondering if I could use aquarium bulbs in it? Also what the difference between this fixture and the ones you buy at an lfs is?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
I found a 48" t5 shop light fixture at home depot for like $50 and I was wondering if I could use aquarium bulbs in it? Also what the difference between this fixture and the ones you buy at an lfs is?

No difference, the fixture at the lfs will have better reflections in it to get the light into the tank

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D GSM using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
No difference, the fixture at the lfs will have better reflections in it to get the light into the tank

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D GSM using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
So your saying I should be able to use it no problem?

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
A little place called C At Hell
So your saying I should be able to use it no problem?

You should be able to use it, yes...I bought a 4 bulb T5HO fixture that's meant for industrial lighting and it works great on my 125g. The only problem you might have is that without a proper reflector, you're going to lose a lot of light...If you get some diamond plate, you can bend it into a reflector, and mount the light to the inside of the metal.

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
You should be able to use it, yes...I bought a 4 bulb T5HO fixture that's meant for industrial lighting and it works great on my 125g. The only problem you might have is that without a proper reflector, you're going to lose a lot of light...If you get some diamond plate, you can bend it into a reflector, and mount the light to the inside of the metal.
Im pretty sure the fixture reflectors already which is good, and lfs bulbs will work?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store