nano cube or fix my old 150gal first time salt

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
Alright my girlfriend wants me set her up on salt . Had fresh for years never tried salt. Always hear people saying larger is easyer . I got a old busted 150 gal I can fix cheap. Or should I go nano. She is willing to foot the bill on what ever is needed. Its her tank my problems help me out. Its my punishment for bringing my habitat here in two weeks.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
She knows diddly squat about salt and I no very little.justt trying to figure out wich way to go

Eyebedam

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Makin a Poo
I've had tons of salt/reef aquariums. I would suggest doing something like a JBJ Nanocube maybe around the 30 mark. Coup,e nice pieces of like rock, some easy corals & a couple clownfish & shrimp & she will have a very pleasing little piece of the reef.

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
If you want to go for a reef then go for a biocube. If you wanna go FOWLR then do the 150 cause the 150 is going to be WAY more expensive either way. Id say do your research then get a biocube.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ryeguy28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
rocky mount,NC
ive never owned a big tank i started out with a 6 gal nano cube and it kicked me in the but quickly ... but thats a tiny tank .. if you do a 20+gal you will be alot better off, the more water you have the harder it is to screw things up ...you really need to do your research and find out what your looking for into a tank .. what you want for fish,corals etc ...then decide if the fish you want are going to need a bigger tank or if they can live in a nanocube, i ran a 1gal pico tank for 2 months .. i did 2 oz wc every 4 hours .. 24hours a day .. now that is high maintenance lol

ALSO i wouldn't buy a nanocube for just one reason ... you can buy a much nicer hand made ALL-IN-ONE tank for the same money ... i will send you the link since no hotlinking is allowed

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Well then I strongly suggest research for awhile before thinking about finances because saltwater is not cheap at all. Especially if your planning on doing a 150 gallon tank.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Ditto - smaller tanks need a very proactive keeper - things go south very quickly. Larger tanks require more expensive products but are more forgiving.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store