Air in garden hose

Kribensis4me

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2012
Arizona
My brother in ca uses his garden hose to fill his tanks. And I have always used one of the Python hose setups and even used a food temp guage. But this being summer. And our garden hose water is about 85* at 10:00pm. I did a 45% water change then filled the tank. I loved how much fasrer it filled my 125g tank. But I was noticing a lot of air in the water. Ive been told in the past that when your tap water looks cloudy. Its micro air bubbles. Its done now. And its cleared up. But I was looking to see if anyone can tell me if I did wrong. Or if it will or will not harm my 15 festae red terror 6 month old guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

redtailcatfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2013
nj
I don't see why it would its the same water you'd get from your tap. I hook a garden hose to my sink to fill/drain tanks

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
I get the same "cloudy"effect sometimes.....we might be on the same water system...I don't think its hurting anything ...but I do have an unexplained case of hih(good water params) so there could be something going on with the local water...but I doubt that is the cause

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I like to run the water for a bit to get all the bubbles and whatnot out of the system before I actually add the water to my tank. I don't know if the cloudiness/bubbles will harm the fish, but IMO, why risk it?

Kribensis4me

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2012
Arizona
Thanks yall. I did flush the garden hose before using it. But the bubbles just kept coming. Our sink does it also from time to time. But we drink sparkelets now. So I really dont know. Just wanted to make aure I did not hurt the fish. Thanks again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
I like to run the water for a bit to get all the bubbles and whatnot out of the system before I actually add the water to my tank. I don't know if the cloudiness/bubbles will harm the fish, but IMO, why risk it?
+1

Thanks yall. I did flush the garden hose before using it. But the bubbles just kept coming. Our sink does it also from time to time. But we drink sparkelets now. So I really dont know. Just wanted to make aure I did not hurt the fish. Thanks again
The water is under a lot of pressure coming from the city. You release the pressure by filling your tank. It's just gas bubbles coming out of the water from the pressure release. It won’t hurt your fish. Some tips, only do 20% or less water change. Using cold water is better. Cold water holds less dissolved minerals. If you live way up north then it’s a good idea to run the cold water into a holding tank first to let it warm up to room temp.

bassfisher91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2012
New York
You guys don't happen to have well water do you? It is usually when you get gasses in the water the worst. I've heard different things,some say it is trapped methane. Up in ny our well water is really cloudy and I've noticed the fish don't seem to like it as well compared to the city water.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
You guys don't happen to have well water do you? It is usually when you get gasses in the water the worst. I've heard different things,some say it is trapped methane. Up in ny our well water is really cloudy and I've noticed the fish don't seem to like it as well compared to the city water.
Not me anyway ..good old phx.tap....everybody around here complains about it and it comes out cloudy sometimes ...but I have half century of drinkin it and I Am still breathing:)

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Not me anyway ..good old phx.tap....everybody around here complains about it and it comes out cloudy sometimes ...but I have half century of drinkin it and I Am still breathing:)
Phoenix here too. My fish don't seem to mind. I don't even treat my water, straight tap right into the tanks. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store