What are the best pellets?

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
After reading the MFK forum for a few years, I have noticed that Hikari cichlid pellets are extremely popular among fishkeepers.
Sadly, Hikari isn't available in my country, but some other products are available, for example Tetra, Sera and New Life Spectrum.
Is Hikari better than the others? Why?
Does it have higher protein levels and lower fat than the other products?
Does it enhance color more than the others?

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
After reading the MFK forum for a few years, I have noticed that Hikari cichlid pellets are extremely popular among fishkeepers.
Sadly, Hikari isn't available in my country, but some other products are available, for example Tetra, Sera and New Life Spectrum.
Is Hikari better than the others? Why?
Does it have higher protein levels and lower fat than the other products?
Does it enhance color more than the others?
Hilarious is a good pellet that is nutritious and has build its popularity in that. I have fed both Hikari pellets and New Life Spectrum. My fish have loved both. NLS is a bit more dense than Hikari, so is a little more effective at passing along nutrients. However, the nutrient levels are about the same. Having said that, both brands are great pellets and you can't really go wrong with either.

Avoid Tetra brand. It's pretty low grade stuff. Can't speak for Sera as I have never heard of it before.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tomomothy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I'd go NLS. Being a dense pellet it is intended to swallow whole, and it can take time to train fish on them, but NLS is very high quality so its all I feed anymore

Anchovie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
Jersey Shore
Nls is the best. Hikari seems to be the tastiest. There are a few people on this forum that love giving long winded boring explanations on why but that's pretty much the jist of it

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store