Debating on new tank setup

zakeel

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
washington
Hey everyone,
I've been on this forum for many years now and have had many tanks over the years. I want to size down from my larger tanks to just have a 50-75 gallon tank. I have been looking at making a riparium (SP), so I could have a few smaller fish and then some plants above, or an octopus setup. Obviously just the octopus. I know the challenges of both and the expenses that come with houses an octopus. Does anyone have any experience with either of these two setups? I guess I am asking for reassurance? haha let me know your thoughts.

Fishbert

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2011
New York
ripariums are very cool, i've toyed with the idea before myself but never put anything into action, would be cool with some archer fish and dart frogs up top if you could make that work.. also fwiw i've heard octopi aren't very rewarding as it would definitely be a species only tank and in a well established saltwater setup you may never see him as they are terrific hiders and even better escape artists.. both things i've considered and looked into before though.. just have a hard time pulling the trigger on larger projects like that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store