Back to the Forum...or at least the Holostean Forum!

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Hi All,

Just a quick note to say hi and I hope you are all doing well! Many apologies for ignoring any threads or messages over the past couple months, it was definitely not intentional! I have been extremely busy with transitioning from Ann Arbor (Michigan) to Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, and have been away for fieldwork in Green Bay, WI back and forth for the past two months. Anyway, I am going to try to get on here more regularly and get up to speed with everyone and all the gar/bowfin stuff going on as much as possible!

As a quick preview to some of the cool stuff we have (unexpectedly) seen in the field, check out this pic from last week...I never thought I would see gars on this project, let alone this species. More updates to come!--
--solomon

SRD - SNG - Green Bay.JPG

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Hi Solomon,

Welcome back to MFK! We've missed you and your advice :)
I hope for you that you can start building a private collection again soon.
Nice SNG(?) in the pic, what where you mainly collecting?

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
About time! ;) jk ... If I'dea known you where haunting up in our woods woulda had you come over and give some input on the new Gar castle! Can't wait for updates on everything and WB! saw the note about your guys haunting the Shedd now, can't wait to come see them with the family this summer!

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
-thanks for the welcome back all! i look forward to jumping back into things as much as i can! will get some updates going on my fishes/research/etc as well. i am enjoying catching up on some threads and the updated pics of collections. hope you and your fishes are all doing well!--
--solomon

PS-- if you guys are ever headed to Shedd be sure and let me know! nearly all my large gars are now on exhibit there (pics coming soon), including the Croc II which has already continued to grow at relatively faster rate (along with the gator). they are currently the only gars on exhibit at Shedd, so chances are you all saw them before anyone else!--

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Hey Solomon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store