Another Beananimal overflow question..

Aquaticfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2013
Colorado
OK. So i was curious just because I did mine a little different. BUT in the picture at the Beananimal overflow site the tubing sizes they used are different at the tank junction. Im doing 1-1/2 tubes like in the picture. BUT in the picture they show smaller sizes at the tank with 1" bulkheads and tubing at the tank. If I do all 1-1/2 inch (bulkheads and tubes) is there any concerns I should worry about? Would 1-1/2 90 degree elbows in the tank be to much? or should/could I do smaller like they illustrate?

Here is the diagram im speaking of. You can see where it goes into the tank and reduces size before the 1-1/2 drain tubes.

exploded-standpipe.jpg

exploded-standpipe.jpg

Reedmaster16

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2005
Ohio
All of your questions have been answered 100's of times in the big reefcentral thread about the beananimal overflow. Even if you just read the first couple pages there shouldn't be any more questions, everything has been covered at least once.

You can do a beananimal overflow with any pipe diameter. Depending on flowrate larger piping will take longer to purge the air and achieve full syphon.

Reason bean did it with 1" bulkheads initially was his tank was drilled that way. And he stepped up to 1.5" as a safety factor. Again this is all in the reefcentral thread. Best of luck.

Aquaticfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2013
Colorado
All of your questions have been answered 100's of times in the big reefcentral thread about the beananimal overflow. Even if you just read the first couple pages there shouldn't be any more questions, everything has been covered at least once.

You can do a beananimal overflow with any pipe diameter. Depending on flowrate larger piping will take longer to purge the air and achieve full syphon.

Reason bean did it with 1" bulkheads initially was his tank was drilled that way. And he stepped up to 1.5" as a safety factor. Again this is all in the reefcentral thread. Best of luck.
Cool thanks for the response.

Sorry But I dont visit or frequent reef central. Not into reefs or salt fish anymore so no reason to go there. Thus why I asked here. Other then a couple planted tank forums I belong to Monster fish keepers is it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store