X2 Power Head Failure

Philafari

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2011
Bocas Del Toro, Panama
I awoke this morning to find my sump dry as the 2 power heads I had running had stopped functioning. A bit about the set-up - a half planted 75 , filtered by an above tank sump. Both power heads are connected with hoses up to the sump. The planted half has 2 1/2 of soil capped with an inch of sand, the unplanted half just sand.

Power head 1 = TopFin 50 2 = maxi-jet 1200

I disassembled both, cleaned them, and reassembled them. Still no pressure and a grinding sounds that are usually fixed by re-seating the impeller. However, this has not worked.

Has anyone had this problem before? I know power heads die, but both at the same time? Perhaps an electric issue? Any tips/ ideas of how to get these pumps back online? I've giggled, tweaked and fiddled them to no avail. Would accidental sand intake kill them? Both of them? Lemme know. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Has to be stuff getting sucked up into them, I have a few maxi 1200 and they are great units never fail me and keep running.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Philafari

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2011
Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Has to be stuff getting sucked up into them, I have a few maxi 1200 and they are great units never fail me and keep running.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I have another maxi in my 125 and is great no problems, which is why I am stumped on this dilemma. Thx. I'll keep cleaning and reassembling them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store